Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Genius of Rik Mayall part 1: The Introduction



I have a confession to make, my name is Lady Ash and I’m a hardbabe. For those that don’t know what that means, it is another term for a Rik Mayall fan girl. What? You don’t know who “Rik fucking Mayall” is? Sadly I am not surprised. I would have included Rik on my list of potential leading men who are vastly overlooked, but there’s a difference. Rik has been in plenty of “leading man,” roles including a portrayal of Merlin and he is a revered celebrity among millions of fans. However unlike other British celebrities like Hugh Grant or Jude Law, Rik never garnered huge acclaim here in the United States. What? Oh now you are saying that he looks familiar. Well he was after all the eccentric and lovable man child Fred in the cult hit Drop Dead Fred. Sadly that one release would never catapult him to American fame like the aforementioned names listed. However this was the film that made that fateful introduction.



I was ten years old when my parents rented Drop Dead Fred back during Hollywood's better times. I was immediately smitten with the actor that played the character. I thought he was charming, funny and not to mention one of the most beautiful men I’ve ever seen. His name then stuck in my head for years and I made it my mission to view as much material he has made appearances in. My parents then told me that he was in a sitcom back from the early 80s titled The Young Ones. Apparently they knew about this because MTV used to play The Young Ones back during the station's prime. Luckily that series would be released on VHS and I would receive it for my 14th birthday.


Total Sex Bomb

I now make it my mission to introduce the American public to the genius that is Rik Mayall. So to honor this brilliant, sexy and hilarious comedian; I will be including future articles highlighting some of his work. Until then, be mesmerized by the alluring pictures… sorry gentlemen I’ll try not to squeal and slobber to much.



... breathtaking!

No comments:

Post a Comment